WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MASSAGE THERAPY
The benefits of a massage are numerous, depending on the type of massage you're receiving. Massages help with relaxation, stress relief, improved circulation and lymphatic flow, and tension relief. Massage can also improve sleep quality, reduce anxiety, reduce headaches, and help relieve pain in muscles and joints. It can also help with digestive issues.
Massage therapy offers a wide array of advantages to its recipients. Regular massage can help reduce stress and promote relaxation, which can lead to improved mental health, as well as increased physical wellbeing. Massage can also help increase circulation and lymphatic flow, easing tension and aiding in the healing of soft tissue injuries. Massages can improve flexibility, range of motion, and joint mobility; reduce inflammation; improve posture; reduce the risk of injury; and even improve breathing patterns.
For those suffering from chronic pain, massage therapy can provide relief by targeting the source of discomfort. Massage can target specific problem areas such as tight muscles in the neck or back or general tension throughout the body. It also helps with improving sleep quality, reducing anxiety levels, reducing headaches, and relieving muscle soreness. Furthermore, regular massages may help boost immunity levels by increasing circulation and helping flush out toxins.
Finally massage therapy has been found to be beneficial for people with digestive disorders like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Massage increases blood flow to the stomach area which helps to relax abdominal muscles leading to improved digestion and elimination of toxins from the body more efficiently.
@livsmart.trainsmart: I’m sharing 5 of my favorite tools to help with my recovery. Recovery is so important after a workout to avoid any type of injury.
- Epsom Salts : These are amazing to soak in after any hard workout. It helps to ease any aches or pains and relax your muscles.
- Phormula-1 Isolate protein : I’ve been talking about this protein since I started trying it and it’s amazing. Isolate protein is the best after any hard work out since it absorbs quicker to help speed up recovery and feed your muscles.
- Recovery Boots : These boots massage your legs, or you can choose one specific area to focus on whether it’s your ankles, calves, knees or quads/hamstrings.
- Foam Roller : Anyone who runs or does intense workouts, I would highly recommend you get a foam roller to help loosen up tight muscles.
- Massage Gun : my husband and I can’t go without this. It’s an upgrade from a foam roller and feels great on those sore muscles.